Monday, January 25

An Attack on Apathy

In the spirit of this seemingly never-ending health care debate (or has it ended with the election of Scott Brown in Massachusetts?), I decided that I am incredibily and increasingly fed-up with the fact that my fellow students often have absolutely NO IDEA what is going on in the world around them. Exhibit A: last week, when sitting at a table in the Student Union taking donations to help those in Haiti, a girl walked by and asked, "wait, what's going on in Haiti?" I suppose that's better than another question that was posed to me: "where's Haiti?" It is baffling to me, that even if one is not interested in current events, that many don't even absorb the conversations going on around them--whether it's walking by a television playing CNN, glancing at a newspaper headline, or noticing a concerned friend's Facebook status.



Thus, Political Promiscuity has been born--a blog where I'm going to discuss what's on my mind based on news, domestic and international politics, economics and business, and probably many other things. It's important to be informed about the world around you, and if you're not going to educate yourself, I'll take on that charge.  I'm not asking for you to agree with me, although I do have things to say.  After all, what's the point of absorbing information if you're not going to analyze it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<<
 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com